when shall you order and mail your wedding stationery
Vous vous marriez bientôt? Félicitations! L´une des premières étapes dans l´organisation de votre mariage sera de prévoir la Stationery. Par où commencer? Que faut-il prévoir et quand commander et envoyer ses envoyer ses faire part de mariage? Cet article est un guide précieux et vous explique chaque étape pour y voir plus clair!
When shall you mail your wedding invitations
This timeline will explain you clearly when to send each piece of wedding stationery . If you are having a destination wedding, you should plan to send your save the date and invitations earlier: your guests will probably need to book tickets, possibly take vacation days to be able to be present for the big day and this sometimes requires more time to organize.
Do not forget to plan time necessary for the realization, printing, delivery of your stationery. Depending on printing methods the project - the more personalized the stationery is, the more time it takes - the deadlines vary from two weeks to several months.
- 12 months before: find your wedding stationery vendor , make your guest list and order your save the date cards.
- 4 to 5 months before: order your wedding invitations.
- 3 to 4 months before: send your wedding invitations.
- 1.5 to 2 months before: update your weddingguest list according to the responses received. It's time to order your day-of stationery: menu cards, seating chart, signage…
- The big day: enjoy every minute!
- 2 to 3 months after your wedding: mail your wedding thank you cards.
First of all: make your guest list
Once your wedding date is confirmed , you will start making your guest list , this will help you determine the quantities to order. One wedding invitation per household is enough, and not one per person: the number of addresses gathered will give you the number of save the date and / or invitations to order.
- Don´t forget to include your wedding vendors in the list: photographer, wedding venue, wedding planner, floral designer.....
- Order between 10 and 15 pieces extra "just in case" last minute guest pop up on the list. Example: you have 100 guests, 70 addresses, order between 80 and 85 pieces.
- Order 10 to 20% extra envelopes, in case of addresses mess-up.
When shall you mail your save the date cards
The save the date is mainly used to announce the good news of your wedding to your guests and ask them literally to save the date or weekend for this occasion. It must therefore be sent well in advance, as soon as your date is confirmed, especially if you are celebrating a destination wedding, therefore between 1 year and 8 months before the wedding. It is generally in the form of a card with an envelope or a postcard. Sending a save the date also allows you to give yourself a little more time to organize the wedding, gather details to put in the wedding invitations.
Tip: if you did an engagement shooting the save the date is the perfect piece of stationery to use them! Do not hesitate to talk about it with your wedding stationer who will be able to propose you great ideas.
when shall you mail your wedding invitations
Once your save the date cards are out, you still have a few months to refine the organization of your wedding. Send your invitations about 3-4 months before your wedding, earlier if you have a destination wedding. For some weddings a simple invitation card may suffice, but in general you will probably need a stationery set with:
- A wedding invitation or invitation card : on which is indicated at least the first names of the spouses, the date, time and place of the wedding, optionally the hour of the reception.
- A "Details " card: which gives precious information to your guests: the addresses of the venue(s), accommodation if the the guests cannot be hosted on site, the dress code, contact details of your wedding planner, the link to your website if you have one.
- A response card: which comes in the form of a postcard or a card with envelope with postage. It mentions the deadline for reply and the address to which it must be returned. Today, some couples choose not to include a reply card, but to indicate on the "details" card an email address or telephone number that guests will use to respond.
- En option: le programme des réjouissances du jour J qu´on trouve souvent sous forme d´infographisme avec des icônes, le plan d´accès et ou des indications de directions, les informations concernant votre liste de mariage.
- Remarque: si vous souhaitez informer vos invités de l´existence d´ une liste de mariage ou si vous mettez à disposition une urne pour récolter les dons, cette information ne doit jamais figurer sur le carton d´invitation lui-même mais toujours sur un carton séparé (le carton « détails » par exemple).
Votre papeterie: le fil rouge de votre mariage
Votre papeterie de mariage va être le fil rouge de votre mariage, elle va donner le ton et le « coup d´envoi » des célébrations et c´est ce que verront vos invités en premier. N ´´hésitez pas, par exemple à faire calligraphier les adresses des destinataires, à sceller vos enveloppes avec un cachet de cire personnalisé, affranchir avec de beaux timbres pour apporter encore plus de charme et de personnalité à votre papeterie de mariage.
When shall you order your day-of stationery
Order your day-of stationery 1,5 to 2 months before your wedding. The main pieces are:
- Ceremony programs
- Seating chart: a way to visualize where people will sit at the tables during the wedding dinner. Don´t forget to order matching table numbers.
- Menu cards: one / guest or 2/3 / table
- Escort cards
- Guest favors tags or labels
- Wedding signage: welcome signage, signature cocktails, photobooth...
- Guest book
When shall you mail your thank you cards
About 2 to 3 months after your wedding, you must thank your guests for their presence, wishes and gifts received by sending them a thank you card. Do not hesitate to integrate one or more wedding photos, such a beautiful keepsake for your guests.