If you are getting married soon, you may have heard of or thought of hiring a " Wedding Designer ", but what services do this vendor generally offer? And what is the difference with the Wedding Planner ? Some vendors can combine several areas of expertise, but it is definitely different know-how. I asked the Wedding Designer and also Floral Designer Linda Champenois to enlighten us.
First, and to make a difference, here are the main responsibilities of the wedding planner: The wedding planner is responsible for planning , organisation and logistics of your wedding .
- He / she can help you manage, and optimize your budget , find the ideal venue and vendors (caterer, photographer, rentals, stationery, make-up artist ...). He / she can give you addresses of great bridal boutiques to find the dress of your dreams or the ideal outfit for your fiancé.
- Book blocks of rooms in different hotels for yours guests, organise shuttles between the hotels and wedding venue(s).
- He / she coordinates your big day and will think of all those little details that will make the difference.
Your wedding planner is your advisor, and will try to relieve you of the stress of organizing your wedding. A precious help if for example, you and your fiancé have very busy jobs, have a destination wedding, or if organisation and planning are not your strongest skills.
From Linda Champenois: The wedding designer is responsible for the visual aesthetics of your wedding , its scenography.
- After listening to your wishes, he / she will design a mood-board, create a matching color palette , imagine the concept and wedding decoration of your dreams and establish a brief.
- He / she will work hand in hand with the other wedding vendors (wedding planner, light, furniture rental, florist, stationery, etc.) so that the concept is reflected in each visual element and everything is visually harmonious.
- Make no mistake: his/her work therefore goes far beyond the choice of napkins. The wedding designer will give life to your concept, create a unique atmosphere , and will know how to use and optimize the space of the wedding venue. He / she can, for example, take care of the dining tables setting so that you have the best possible experience with your guests.
His/her area of expertise is similar to that of interior decorator .
The Wedding Designer is a precious help if you have a very specific theme for your wedding and do not know how to style it: an “Art Nouveau” wedding has not the same atmosphere, the same codes as a "Great Gatsby" wedding for example, your Wedding Designer will be there to help you avoid styling "faux-pas". If you do not have a creative soul or if the configuration of the wedding place is very atypical, he / she will also be able to draw the best potential from it.
In summary: The Wedding Planner is the conductor of the organization of your wedding, the Wedding Designer is the conductor the visual identity of your wedding.
Who is Linda Champenois?
Since 2010, Linda has stood out for her attention to detail, creativity to match your big day. Her artistic signature: Refined elegance in simplicity. Linda is passionate about creating beautiful things, harmony and well-being through decoration and is inspired by your story to sublimate your event. Through her experience, Linda has become a consultant in the wedding industry and supports many professionals in the realization of their projects and in achieving their goals. She teaches Wedding Designer training and is also a Business Consultant in the wedding industry.
You will also like: La séance photo boudoir