Inspired by Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice, today's editorial transports us to the beautiful region of the Cotswolds in England. Water's Edge at Ewen, with its spring-fed lakes populated by majestic swans and light dragonflies, is an idyllic venue for chic romantic weddings. Its verdant parks served as the setting for one of the last workshops of photographer Julie Paisley. Wedding photographer Writer & Beloved Photography had the chance to participate in this Chic Bucolic Wedding Inspiration in England. Through a poetic and refined imagery, she tells us about her experience and tells us the story of this bride, who calmly waits for her lover while reading by the water.
Poetic "Greenery Chic" Inspiration
The photographer tells us about this day: The way I interpreted the shoot was an elopement between two people in love, the bride runs to her favorite spot by a water’s edge in a wood to read and take in the afternoon as she awaits the hour to meet her beloved to elope. The gown by MadeBride, a Greece-based gown designer was a true masterpiece. The intricate lace design felt like something from another time, highly refined and timeless. I chose to direct the model in a more playful direction. This to me would be reminiscent of Jane Austen’s most beloved characters, to exemplify playful wittiness, resilience and inner strength that’s both charming and intoxicating.
I titled my gallery « The Reader » because it was what I took away from the shoot inspiration. I felt that it resonated with who I am and the bride I wanted to inspire- a bride who incorporates literature into her wedding or elopement, and who may, very well, find time to read on her wedding day. On my wedding day, I had books all throughout the decor, staged under wildflowers, and by windows. The relationship between capturing meaningful stories on camera or film, or written on paper is one that is quite important to me, and even inspired the name of business.
V E N D O R S
- Photographer: Writer & Beloved Photography
- Workshop: Julie Paisley
- Design & Styling: Amy Louise Hatch
- Floral Design: Clementine Moon Floral Design
- Wedding dress: MadeBride
- Muah: Jessica Mills
- Stationery: Uliana Popa Calligraphy
- Rings: Rosie Clayden
- Muse: Charlotte Verity Green
- Venue: Water’s Edge at Ewen
Did you like this beautiful bucolic chic bridal inspiration in England? Discover more related articles from the blog:
- Audrey & Fabrice's fairytale wedding at Palace de Menthon in Annecy
- Mauve and Lilac Wedding Ideas at Bastide du Roy in Provence
- Burgundy modern romantic destination wedding in Château de Varennes
- Fine Art Bridal Floral Decor Ideas
- Romantic Bridal Inspiration at Château Saint Joseph in South of France
- Bridal Fashion Inspiration with a spectacular Pink Tulle Gown